About this Pack
We’ve made fractions simple, attainable and fun!
Our ‘Let’s Learn!’ fractions booklet will guide your child through this Unit in clear, bite-sized steps.
Each step in the booklet is paired with engaging activities that match with what your child has learned.
These fun, inviting activities support and consolidate your child’s understanding through practice, creative learning and problem-solving. There are opportunities for your child to apply their understanding to various contexts and relate to real world examples. Plus, the learning goals in this pack link to the skills taught at school.
The activities include colouring, drawing and a board game to keep learning hands-on and interactive. All the resources needed to enjoy these practical-learning features are included in this pack.
We recommend this pack for children aged 7+
Included in this Pack
- all stationery and resources needed for this pack, including a pencil, rubber, sharpener, colouring pencils, mini die, circle counters and stickers
- access to a comprehensive Grown-Up’s Guide with tips and ideas to support your child’s learning and extend their understanding
- ‘Let’s Learn!’ fractions booklet with step-by-step guidance through the fractions skills explored in this Unit (see below for more details)
- a quick re-cap of Unit 1
- memorable tasks which progress with your child’s understanding and build confidence
- engaging screen-free activities to strengthen understanding which link to each step learned
- challenges and opportunities for reasoning and problem-solving
- a cool fractions board game to consolidate skills through play
- hands-on fun to keep your child busy as they learn
- school targets and key skills which link to the National Curriculum
- FREE shipping (UK only)
Unit 2: Key Skills
Our Unit 2 pack follows on from Unit 1 and explores the following key skills:
- build a foundational understanding of equivalent fractions
- learn fractions equivalent to one whole
- confidently understand and use a Fraction Wall
- name fractions (e.g. two fifths, seven tenths, three quarters)
- compare the size of parts from different fractions
- understand that a fraction is a part of a whole
- find fractions of shapes, diagrams and images
- represent fractions with diagrams
- recap and refresh skills from Unit 1
- CHOKING HAZARD – includes small parts not suitable for children under 3 years.
- This item is not a toy. Supervise children at all times while they are using this product.
- Suffocation hazard.
- Keep away from fire.
Please Note: Colours may vary on all resources